asp access problems

Hi all

I have a website in asp (hosted on windows server) which seems accessible
during 9am-9pm which isn't accessible after.

Hosting say their servers are on all the time and say it could be a problem with the site.
The thing is that html pages can be accessed but not asp pages.

The site then works as normal in the morning just like magic.
This happens about 2-3 times per week.

Any ideas please

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:34:15 AM Total Views:  475
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how many users access the same page at a time?

hey, i am trying out the asp pages on PWS since my comp is stand alone, desktop PC i was wondering if i place these on a server and i provide appropriate link to my main asp page then how many users can access the same main page simultaneously should a code be written for that too is it only one user can access the (lets say) login page or many users can simultaneously access and query the database as they want to
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

update value null to access db

, I would like to update a field with the value of a "empty check box". The problem that my numeral field (kom1) in the db will be emty, instead of 0. I need the value 0 becaus it's used by a SUM in an query. Can anybody help Greetings Hah.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

got problem with connection to access database

... i run asp in my standalone pc, using access2003 as the database, like this: i hv 3 pages, 1st page, i open the database, extract data from database for display(closing the connection using "recordset.close" and "conn.close").... then i have form input for users to input some information...and post to 2nd page 2nd page, this page may load N times depending on the user input in first page...for each time loading, i hv form input for users to input the detailed information. and for 2nd to Nth loading, i will get previous page's form input information(request.form("xxx")), then insert into database ("conn.execute")and close it("conn.close")... last page, this page get Nth loading user input information for the 2nd page, then open database, insert into database("conn.execute") and close it("conn.close")... now the problem is like this...database can not store data correctly: it did not insert N rows into database....maybe N+1 or N+M...randomly...because same data is insert more than once, so some rows are just duplicated...it seemes that the connection just can not be closed and do insertion more than once during each time the 2nd page is loading or during the last page is loading... can anyone help me to find out the problem any suggestion
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

access asp

Hi i have a problem , do you see anything wrong with this code "anything" will help. i'm trying to store the reviewID into a variable so i can use it in the " comment form that will be under the review".
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

uploading access database to webserver

I am new to ASP and I have been told to write a script that will automatically upload an access database stored in server in our building to the webserver located in another building. This script should run automatically once every week. Please help me out by suggesting how can i do it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do you access particular column of a recordeset

Guys I have an SQL query that returns a recordset object. The recordset contains 4 columns and any number of rows: columns are: date, ID, status, user. Now, I have found a bit of code on the net that will take the recordset object and generate an html table from it and display it on the web page: It goes like this: Code: Function RecToTable (rst) Dim strT ' table html string Dim fldF ' current field object ' build the table header strT = "" & _ "" ' each field as a table column name For Each fldF In rst.Fields strT=strT&""&fldF.Name&"" Next strT = strT & "" ' now build the rows While Not rst.EOF strT = strT & "" ' add the fields For Each fldF in rst.Fields strT = strT & "" & fldF.Value& "" Next strT = strT & "" rst.MoveNext Wend strT = strT & "" ' and finally return the table RecToTable = strT End Function What I need to do is turn the 'ID' field into a hyperlink, so that clicking on it will take the user to another page, depending on what 'ID' they clicked on. What I don't know is how to access particular columns, or particular row values, so that I can add the relevant html tages to the fron and end of them so that I can turn them into hyperlinks. The code avbove appears to work on entire rows only. Can anyone help out please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

visual basic in access query from asp? is it possible?

I have a question about using Msft Access queries in ASP. The query I am trying to call contains visual basic functions I wrote in the db to keep the SQL from getting too complex. (I call these functions from several forms and queries, so it was easier than cutting and pasting complex iif statements.) Question 1. Is ASP capable of using queries that call Access specific functions when opening the db with: Set cnnDatabase = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") cnnDatabase.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & strDBPath & ";" Question 2. If ASP can use functions with ADOB connection, what is the proper procedure to do so Is there something else I need to include in ASP coding or is it a specific type of open procedure. Sample version of VB code: Function fnEndofWeek(dDate As Date) 'figures out end of week with Sunday being the final day of week If Weekday(dDate) = 1 Then fnEndofWeek = dDate Else fnEndofWeek = DateAdd("d", 8 - Weekday(dDate), dDate) End If End Function Sample version of SQL query that calls function (Any date of the week can be entered in [DateBox] and function will find last day of week.): SELECT [Employee Timesheet].EmployeeID, Sum([Employee Timesheet].[Hours worked]) AS [SumOfHours worked], fnEndofWeek([DateBox]) AS [week ending] FROM [Employee Timesheet] WHERE ((([Employee Timesheet].Date1) Between (fnEndofWeek([DateBox])-6) And fnEndofWeek([DateBox]))) GROUP BY [Employee Timesheet].EmployeeID, fnEndofWeek([DateBox]); And I guess question 3: If I have to rewrite all my vb functions in ASP is there a function example that someone can direct me to I'm new to ASP and need to steal where I can.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

access variables in disabled form fields

I am having an issue with disabling a form field. The page pulls up records in a database. A user is allowed change the record as needed until it is published in one or both of 2 options (combo boxes). If the record is published in one then all other fields except the unpublished combo box is disabled, allowing the user to publish the other at a later date. However, I run in to my problem here. I cannot access the data in the fields if they are disabled. Is there some way to access the data in the fields while they are disabled Or is there some way to not allow a user to edit the contents of a text fields without disabling it Either way would likely get me past my problem.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need to access global address book - Page 2

code was originaly in french so dont hesitate to ask if you dont understand some comments .....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I can't access db when install framework

Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. I test mysite in local machine .I can't update ,insert,delete..in my admin(back web) but I can view and open direct MS access file.mdb then I can. Before i install frame work I can run these function in my admin. IIS 5.1 window XP sp2 Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP to an access DB

I tried to get help in some access forums but got no reply to this question. So I hope someone here can tell me. I have a form with a password element but when I try to send it to my access DB field that is set up as a password field I get this error Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. DO I need to write my code different for a password field here is what I am trying to upload oRS.addnew oRS("user_name") = objFrm("_name") oRS("user_password") = objFrm("_password") oRS("user_level") = objFrm("_userLevel") oRS("customer_ID") = strCustomerID oRS("cat_ID") = Session("controlCatID") oRS.Update It is the line in red that is throwing back the error
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to access variables from server to client (with sample code)

good day. isit possible to access variables (code) from ASP server script to ASP client page\t take for example the code supplied below: 'server script 'client code dim x x = svalue 'svalue isfrom server script response.write x
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP not accessing database

! I am having problem for the last couple of days with my ASP application. The HTML pages work fine but when it comes to connect to database (Access 2000) it doesn't opens page. The "Error Type" says nothing in Internet Explorer. Actually it is happening with all my ASP applications that are using Access as database, so I dont think that there can be any problem with the code and Database as they were working fine previously. The problem might be in IIS or ODBC connection.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Uploaded txt to an access table

I am trying to find out if I can take an user uploaded file. comma delimited txt file. and read this information into an access table. I have the file upload working now I want to read it into a table, all using ASP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

does any1 know how to export access info to a excel document using asp

hey i was given the task to make an online html document and link it to a database which i have done via asp but i am stuck on the next part as i am using a server called 7host.com and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what i could do with the information on the database next, it needs to do something else like link to an excel document and export hte database information to that excel document does anyone know how to do that if you could it would help me a great deal
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Prevent users from accessing a web page when the back button is pressed

Is there a way in ASP to prevent users from accessing a web page when the back button is pressed in the browser.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

can we add colums in access tables from asp

hi guyz, i want to add columns dynamically from asp......say for eg. i have a drop down and from that if a user selects 10 as the value it creates 10 textboxes and then when saved it should generate that much columns in access table for saving............hope u guyz got what i am saying... i want to create fields dynamically in access database. bye
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

access datatypes

I have a field that stores a number. In access I made type number and fieldsize decimal. When I enter in a number (through asp) like 4.5 it automatically puts it in as a 4. What's the trick to keep the decimal part of the number I want to be able to keep the decimal but in my asp only show it if there is a decimal. 4.5 should show as 4.5 and 4 should show as 4 and not 4.0.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

howto access web controls in user control with javascript

hi can ny body tell me how to access a control in javascript inside a user control. currently i m using function mainTdClick(tabId,tabHref) { document.forms[0].elements['MiddleBar1_hdn'].value=tabId; document.forms[0].elements['MiddleBar1_hdn_href'].value=tabHref; document.forms[0].submit(); } middlebar is the name of user control ans hdn is name of hidden variable. i m using following code in code behind _mainTd.Attributes.Add("onClick", "mainTdClick(" & _mainTd.ID & ",'" & TabHref(x) & "')") here _maintd is a cell on which we need click event
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

SQL query not returning results in access for dates - Page 2

Oh one more question. will this affect the way the day is displayed on my select statements. I'ld like to keep those as DD/MM/YY when showing results.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!