Arguements problems with select&delete

Basically im getting a record and deleteing it.
this is the error im getting :
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another

and here is the code:

rs.Open "SELECT * FROM [Temporary] WHERE (Email=" & Email & ")", conn1, adopendynamic, adlockoptimistic, adcmdtext
rs.delete
rs.update
rs.close

Please reply if you have any suggestions
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:43:31 AM Total Views:  247
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Wrong number of arguements or invalid property assignment:

If I run the following code I get: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'FunctDBSelect' The code will work if: session("sessionDB") is blank The .asp page is: the VBFunctions.inc file has the code of:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Wrong number of arguements or invalid property assignment:

If I run the following code I get: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'FunctDBSelect' The code will work if: session("sessionDB") is blank The .asp page is: the VBFunctions.inc file has the code of:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

For loop, If statement, and checkbox problemss

I have a headache with this, so maybe some fresh eyes can help me out! ASP page 1 is sending checkbox information to ASP Page 2 In ASP page 2, I run a for loop to see how many checkboxes there are beening sent from ASP page 1 then i have an IF statement to see if the checkbox is checked But I am having no luck at all....so i did a series of test, but still no luck, here is the code with my tests on it too. this is pretty straight forward...loop all the checkboxes, and if they exist, fill them in an element. but not working I've check boxes 3 and 4 out of 1, 2, 3, 4, so values 3 and 4 should only be able to qualify for the IF statement. Here is some test that i did later down on the page This return "undefined" as it should because remember I've only checked boxes 3 and 4, now... j = This returns "4", but should only return "2" because j is inside the IF statement and the IF statement should have ran only twice. Testing values: and this returns Testing values: Upgrade1 : Upgrade2 : Upgrade3 : TM-MAG-AK600 Upgrade4 : gg1000x3 but i thought it should look more like this Testing values: Upgrade1 : undefined Upgrade2 : undefined Upgrade3 : TM-MAG-AK600 Upgrade4 : gg1000x3 Soooooooooooo.....what the heck is happening here....suppose to be an easy concept, but giving me one big headache..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

DSN problems (newbie to asp) - Page 3

Originally Posted by Megster Hiya, Ive tried this, i have tables in, the one with information was coming up with errors, recordset, and the blank ones were coming up blank, is this a good thing\t\t please explain "errors" too vague scrap that...i see the error now....this means you have a table field in your code that DOES not exist in your table...double check syntax/names of the fields in db and your code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

bound listbox problems

I am using VB.Net to develope a data access form for changing user info. I have a sql db that I am querying using a connection object, adapter and dataset. When I run a test query that is assigned to the adapter I get a return of the correct data items. I have a list box (and I also tried with a drop down box) that is bound to this dataset which holds a list of user names. when I fill and databind ths list box is filled with the first returned item a letter per each line of the list box. so where I should see this in the list box: mike joe I see: M i k e I have never seen anything liks this and I cant figure out where it is doing this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Display problems related to two-dim array, multiple values in some rows.

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Content disposition problems...

Somebody please preserve what's left of my sanity... Is there any way I can pass a variable to a hyperlink in an HREF Something like this: Click here to download (where DLFILE=myfile.ext) Yes, I know I can create a button to do it, but then I can't right click on the button to save as instead of open. (Typically the files in question are PDFs.) The bright-eyed ASP coders out there will be asking why I don't use content-disposition in an ASP file to make it save instead of open. The reason is that that doesn't seem to work in IE (tries to save the ASP file instead - seems to be a known bug, viz: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q279667/). Of course it's more than likely that it's just be my ASP coding - I'm barely treading water in ASP. Here's the original code: The coding at the beginning is to write some resullts from the preceeding form to a database. That form also passes the name of the file as a variable ("PassItOn"). Any bright ideas I'm floundering here... TIA Ian
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

BOF EOF problems

I currently have this piece of code setting the status of a checkbox. The checkbox is within a repeat region (this is passed to a page that updates the record if it exists, or inserts a new record). The recordset "RS_VehicleStatus" may or may not have a record for that record ID, If a record does not exist I get an EOF error, how do I insert an "IF RS_VehicleStatus.EOF" statement into this code so that if the record doesnt exist the checkbox value is unchecked.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

asp login error problems

Can anyone help me out plz... I am trying to create an asp login wiht registration using asp and a ms access database. However when i uploaded the asp pages onto the server it through up two problems. 1. When I try to register a new account it throws up this error: Sub [MAININITZZ] Line [16] Col [1] Abs [16] UCX Runtime Error No database type specified in the connection strin OPEN Sub [MAININITZZ] Line [16] Col [1] Abs [16] System Error. RS.OPEN Sub [MAININITZZ] Line [16] Col [1] Abs [16] RS.OPEN Unknown Command or Function INTP Error running script NSP/_T-01726.BAS([]) and on line 16 of that page is this code: rs.Open "SELECT * FROM userlist", conn, 3, 3 2.Aslo when i try to login it throws up this error: Sub [MAININITZZ] Line [11] Col [1] Abs [11] UCX Runtime Error No database type specified in the connection strin OPEN Sub [MAININITZZ] Line [11] Col [1] Abs [11] System Error. RS.OPEN Sub [MAININITZZ] Line [11] Col [1] Abs [11] RS.OPEN Unknown Command or Function INTP Error running script NSP/_T-01727.BAS([]) and on line 11 of that page is this code: rs.Open "SELECT * FROM userlist where username='"& Username &"'", conn, 1 Can anyone help me out plz
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

File Download problems

I have two web pages in a portal. One allows the user to select some data to download, then has a button which submits to another page which downloads the data to Excel using xml strings. I am using Response.Content Type and Response.Add Header on the download page so that the file will open in Excel on the client machine. I've tried a bunch of different combinations of code, but either end up with a the "File Download" dialog appearing twice, or having an orphaned blank screen open when Excel opens, or having the Excel appear inside the portal over the calling page. There seems to be some combination of the tag attributes, the onclick() of the button, and the ContentType/Add Header values that I need but can't seem to find the winning combination. What I am looking for is when the "Download" button is clicked on the first page, the "File Download" dialog appears once, and when you select "Open" on the dialog, the results appear in Excel. Right now the calling page ("downloadPages.asp") has the following form tag and button: the page it is calling (downloadToExcel.asp) has:Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "Attachment;filename=Account Information.xls" the problem with this is it opens a blank browser window, the File Download dialog appears twice if you click "Open", then the results appear in an Excel window, but the blank browser window stays open. I tried using "inline" on the .AddHeader parameter, as below: Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=Account Information.xls" The above opens a blank browser window, the File Download only appears once when you click "Open", and the results display in that browser window...this is fine, except if you do a new search and hit "Download" with the first browser window containing results still open, the second download window is blank. I've also tried using Response.ContentType = "application/download" on the download page, and on the calling page I've tried removing the target="_blank" from the form tag and on the button tag I've tried doing a window.open() instead of a window.location(). So far nothing seems to work. What is confusing me is that we have another set of pages in our portal that does exactly what we want, and I've used the same code but the results are different. The original page is a search page that submits to itself (users select some criteria, then hits a button and results display in a table with a Download button). The download button on this page performs in the manner I want...you hit the button, a "File Download" dialog displays w/o a blank browser window behind it, and if you hit "Open" the results display in Excel. Also, if the first set of results is still open in Excel and you requery, the second set of results opens in Excel with the same file name but with an incremental number (Results[1].xls, Results[2].xls, etc.) The code lines on the pages that work are as follows: the calling page ("schematic_list.asp") has the following form tag and button: the page it is calling (downloadToExcel.asp) has: Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "Attachment;filename=Site Schematic List.xls" The only difference between the two sets of pages is that on the set that works the calling page submits to itself, then uses the button to call the download page, and the download page generates the results using plain html table/tr/td tags. On the new set the calling page never submits to itself, and the download page generates the results using XML strings. I feel like I'm missing something. Can anyone provide any insight on how I can make the new code download the same way the original pages do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

iFrame problems

In ASP - I have three nested Iframes. Each iframe contains particular data from a database, and each updates every 10 seconds. The main window which holds the iframes is made from a series of include files, which are dependant on the data in the database. What I need to know, is how to access the main window from the last iFrame created, and set its location. This code appears in the last iFrame Code: strURL = "view_mine_sent.aspActive=True" rHeaderRow = rHeaderRow & " " rHeaderRow is a row in a table, which contains a series of images (of which I have only shown one part of the data for the row). the Javascript function "ReferOn" is defined as : Code: function ReferOn(strReferrer){ window.document.parentWindow.location.href=strReferrer } MTIA Darrin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

array ordering problems

I have a photogallery site, where thumbnails are linked to counters. the photos are numbered: 01.jpg, 02.jpg...and so on. The count is stored in txt files with corresponding numbers: 01.txt, 02.txt...and so on. I am trying to compose a script that will read the counts from all of the txt files, and then organize the way the thumbnaiils apper, in order from highest hits to lowerst. here is the code so far, and the url of the test page. any help getting this working would be appreciated. there are 10 images in the directory. so far, the order is off, and not all of the images display. The test page is located at www.robarspages.ca/devroot/photosite/tempg/test.asp (based on the current counts, if code is working correctly, images sound display in this order): 01.jpg 07.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 10.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 09.jpg 08.jpg 06.jpg Code: hitcount Then hitcount = numArray(counter) imgindex = counter 'reset this so you don't count it again numArray(counter) = -1 End If Next If imgindex < 10 Then imgindex = "0" & imgindex Response.Write "" Next %>
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

WSH.Shell Run problems

Hi (this is probably in the wrong forum, but I kinda need this to work asap, so forgive me if I did misplace this thread) This is just a sample script pulled from the WST Documentation 5.6 Code: Dim oShell Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WSCript.shell") oShell.run "cmd /K CD C:\ & Dir" Set oShell = Nothing It works fine, the CMD window opens and switches to the root of C: volume this... Code: Dim oShell Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WSCript.shell") oShell.run "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer.2exe" Set oShell = Nothing However, doesn't work I get a "system could not find the file specified" Despite the path being valid, I've also tried it with using "&Chr(34)&" in place of the quotes to see if that was the problem (as it's a path string, rather than a direct command), but to still no avail Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

just graduated, now working, but encountering serious problems (mailing)

there! Since a few months I'm hired as a webmaster at a small business here in Belgium. I'm the only IT'er in the office and just graduated from high school. As I have no working experience at all, I'm encountering many problems! First problem: One of my boss' priorities is that he wants to send over then thousand emails in a month to all his customers, prospects in the world. In the office they are using a so called program 'little manager' with no possibility to send newsletters. So I started creating a mailingsystem using aspemail that is installed on the host's webserver. The system works great but I'm encountering major problems when I send loads of emails along the host's mail server. I had to do a mailing to over 8000 contacts. The host has aspemail installed but does not have an email agent that could queue all mails. So I added a little script in may program code that adds a delay of 3 minutes after sending 200 mails. More then 500 were mail failures -> bad emails. But over 6000 returned with a delay message and never arrived at their destination. Is there some possible way to however send those 8000 mails without changing mail servers etc, but by programming in asp delaying won't work Second problem: Since yesterday I'm trying to send a mail along the host's mail server but it doesn't arrive! I'm very sure that the code is ok because I use a simple aspemail test script that worked well the days before. The same hosting guy told me that their mail server was working fine, no problems at all but I still couldn't send any emails. Could it be that cause of my huge massmail of +8000 the mailserver have blacklisted me Third Problem: The company C2 that is hosting our sites isn't exactly a hosting company. The boss of C2 is a friend of my boss and gives us hosting. That's what I know after asking some questions at my colleagues. I had in mind to change our hosting to a professional company "combell" so I can send our 8000 newsletters. But when I started downloading all our sites from the hostftp it went up to +500MB to 1G..! It would be a very pricy packet if we should change hosting Does anyone have a solution concerning my mailing problems How I can fix it Do I have to change hosting Is there a programmatorically ( what a word ) solution Let the company that gives us hosting install email agent (But I guess they will not do this) Sorry for my bad English and I hope to get some good answers to my problems! Greetz Wouter
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

2 problems - Page 3

OK what you trying actualy to do do you what to insert value\t so then you can rective from DB \t in this case you write sql="INSERT INTO Pending_Approval (Date_Time, Approve, RequestorName, Shift, Pager, Entity_From, Entity_to, Fuzion_ID, Est_Date_Returned) VALUES " sql=sql & "('" & Date_Time & "','" & Approve & "','" & RequestorName & "','" & Shift & "','" & Pager & "','" & Entity_From & "','" & Entity_to & "'," sql=sql & "'" & Fuzion_ID & "','" & Est_Date_Returned & "')"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP debugging problems in Windows Server 2003, IIS 6

ASP as a programming language. In IIS server-side and client-side debugging is selected. 1. Microsoft Windows Server 2000 , IIS5 2. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 , IIS6 -------------------------------------------------- In case 1 Microsoft Script Debugger worked fine, poping-up everytime an error occurred, opening the appropriate asp file in the corresponding line where the error occoured. In case 2 Microsoft Script Debugger was not installed, neither could be found on the installing CD of Microsoft Windows Server 2003. I downloaded from the Microsofts site the version for WinXP/2000/NT 4 and installed it to my computer. As a result, Machine Debug Manager, Microsoft Script Debugger and who knows what else [if anyone knows exactly it would be great..] appeared in DCOM Config through which I tried to follow the advices of Microsofts Enabling ASP Debugging article. At first, the Microsoft Script Debugger poped-up but no opening the appropriate asp file in the corresponding line where the error occoured happened. I followed the same steps for Microsoft Script Debugger as described in the article [for Machine Debug Manager] and somehow it worked! Unfortunately, I decided to check if it would still work without the modifications to Machine Debug Manager. That was it.. Never worked properly again even though i reinstalled, uninstalled, deleted by hand, etc. etc. Microsoft Script Debugger, Machine Debug Manager. The error : Microsoft Script Debugger failed to initialize. Reinstall \t appears. Any ideas about how to clear things up and debug at last P.S.: I use a simple html, asp editor, not Visual Studio.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Converting problems...

Hi I've stored a set of months in an access database as numbers but when it display on the front end I need it to display as the name of the month. How would you convert the numbers in the database to their word equivalent Or is it possible to arrange the months in their correct order in the database Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

asp access problems

Hi all I have a website in asp (hosted on windows server) which seems accessible during 9am-9pm which isn't accessible after. Hosting say their servers are on all the time and say it could be a problem with the site. The thing is that html pages can be accessed but not asp pages. The site then works as normal in the morning just like magic. This happens about 2-3 times per week. Any ideas please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

2 problems - Page 4

OK you can do this app rove/ disaprove disaproved aproved none
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Sql Server 2000, Access 2000, Instr() problems

, I am trying to use the VBScript InStr() function on recordsets from 2 different databases, 1 is SQL 2000 Server, the other is MS Access 2000. In the code below, objRS("SearchString") is of type "Text" from an Access 2000 database. The text is in the format "-CBBA-CDDD-CABC-CAEE". Basically, unique 4-letter strings separated by "-". objRS2("Find") is of type "VarChar" from a SQL 2000 database. The text is in the format "CBBA", or unique 4-letter strings. For some reason, the InStr() function is not functioning properly, (i.e. I am unable to find strings that I know to exist in objRS("SearchString"). Below is my code: do while not objRS2.EOF if instr(objRS("SearchString"), objRS2("Find")) 0 then Response.Write "yes" end if objRS2.MoveNext loop Subsequently, say objRS("SearchString) = "-CBBA-CDDD-CABC-CAEE". If I run the code below instead: do while not objRS2.EOF if instr(objRS("SearchString"), "CBBA") 0 then Response.Write "yes" end if objRS2.MoveNext loop ....the code works fine, or "yes" is written out. This leads me to believe that the problem may be due to data type differences between the 2 databases. Any ideas or help is appreciated!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!