Alternative to Response.write

, I'm a newbie and I'm trying to build a contact form using ASP. The form works properly but the code I found has "Response.write "Your email..." which appears on a white page after the form is successfully submitted. Is there a different function I can use that will redirect the use to another .html page (like a "thank you for submitting...") instead
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:35:56 AM Total Views:  462
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Microsoft.XMLHTTP alternative under sun one ASP?

If anyone can help with this I would be really greatful. I have some classic ASP code used to inegrate a site with PayPal. The code works fine under IIS but won't work under Sun one ASP (which is what my customers hosting uses) because the object it's trying to create doesn't exist. The part of the code that's failing is this: Code: set objHttp = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") objHttp.open "POST", "http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr", false objHttp.setRequestHeader "Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" objHttp.Send query Does anyone know if there is a direct replacement for Microsoft.XMLHTTP in Sun one ASP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 27th August 2012
View Replies!

alternative to IIS on XP home?

i have read a few articles saying that you can run IIS on XP home but it does not look too reliable to me and am not too willing to try, so is there an alternative set-up i can use to test my ASP before uploading i say this as all ftp hosts seem to want your code pre-tested before uploading cost is an issue so i dont really want to pay out for Pro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 27th August 2012
View Replies!

alternative to IIS on XP home?

i have read a few articles saying that you can run IIS on XP home but it does not look too reliable to me and am not too willing to try, so is there an alternative set-up i can use to test my ASP before uploading i say this as all ftp hosts seem to want your code pre-tested before uploading cost is an issue so i dont really want to pay out for Pro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 27th August 2012
View Replies!

IFrame alternative in asp

Hi I need to include other (external) websites that arent hosted on my server, in my webpage. Quite a long time ago I would do this using the iframe tag. Is this still a good approach What would you do Advice appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 27th August 2012
View Replies!

IFrame alternative in asp

Hi I need to include other (external) websites that arent hosted on my server, in my webpage. Quite a long time ago I would do this using the iframe tag. Is this still a good approach What would you do Advice appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 27th August 2012
View Replies!

Asp alternative to iframes?

, I am kinda new to ASP , however I have some experience with PHP. My question is in regards to looking for an alternative for iframes. We have an old windows server that we have built static content on for years. Now we are using more dynamic content on Linux based servers with PHP and want to find an ASP based alternative to iframes, much like in php one could use "read" . Also do all windows servers employ asp I mean I remember using asp many tyears ago, I think it was a mac based server, so it would seem that any woindows server has ruimentry asp functionality, correct
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Is there an alternative SE-friendly dynamic URL?

, For some of my pages I currently have part of the URL as being 'ourservices.aspID=1' (its got nothing to do with sessions) and I am currently changing part of it so its more SE-friendly - i.e. 'ourservices.aspservices=website-marketing'. However following Googles guidlines regarding dynamic URL's,. it says that some search engines don't crawl pages which have a '' in them for fear of them being a session URL (which mine isn't). My question is- is there any alternative that I can use to replace the '' with another character for my dynamic URL. Or, is this the only way I can have this dynamic URL Cheers James
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

, For some of my pages I currently have part of the URL as being 'ourservices.aspID=1' (its got nothing to do with sessions) and I am currently changing part of it so its more SE-friendly - i.e. 'ourservices.aspservices=website-marketing'. However following Googles guidlines regarding dynamic URL's,. it says that some search engines don't crawl pages which have a '' in them for fear of them being a session URL (which mine isn't). My question is- is there any alternative that I can use to replace the '' with another character for my dynamic URL. Or, is this the only way I can have this dynamic URL Cheers James
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

An alternative to IngRecordNo to handle a text string rather than a number

, This is quite difficult to explain; I have a page called product-select.asp which outputs images with a hyperlink for that image. This hyperlink then should be able to take you the products.asp page which displays in more detail data and information for that particular record that you selected. However, after clicking on the hyperlink to get to the products.asp page, I get an error:- Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10' No value given for one or more required parameters. This error points to line 28 which is 'rsproducts.Open strSQL, Con' The code that I have been using has been taken from one of my other projects and I have noticed that the unique identifier to determine a particular record is shown as ' lngRecordNo = CLng(Request.QueryString(ID")) ' . In my other project I was using an autonumber as my Unique Key, however in this project I am using a text string (e.g 'England'), and I think this is what is throwing up the problem that I am getting. What is the alternative to the ' lngRecordNo = CLng(Request.QueryString(ID")) ' for a text string rather than a number An URL where you can see my code not working is here:- http://www.jh-webdesign.co.uk/projec...site/flags.asp And my full ASP code is here;-
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

, This is quite difficult to explain; I have a page called product-select.asp which outputs images with a hyperlink for that image. This hyperlink then should be able to take you the products.asp page which displays in more detail data and information for that particular record that you selected. However, after clicking on the hyperlink to get to the products.asp page, I get an error:- Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10' No value given for one or more required parameters. This error points to line 28 which is 'rsproducts.Open strSQL, Con' The code that I have been using has been taken from one of my other projects and I have noticed that the unique identifier to determine a particular record is shown as ' lngRecordNo = CLng(Request.QueryString(ID")) ' . In my other project I was using an autonumber as my Unique Key, however in this project I am using a text string (e.g 'England'), and I think this is what is throwing up the problem that I am getting. What is the alternative to the ' lngRecordNo = CLng(Request.QueryString(ID")) ' for a text string rather than a number An URL where you can see my code not working is here:- http://www.jh-webdesign.co.uk/projec...site/flags.asp And my full ASP code is here;-
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

alternative for CDONTS.NewMail

, is there an alternative for CDONTS.NewMail for sending email according to this article , CDONTS.NewMail works only on Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems. Is there an alternative class that works on Windows XP to send email
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

is there any alternative for Server.Execute?

hello ! i had a multiple form that has a one submit button, when the submit button is pressed, it will look for the the external file which is "execute.asp", the "execute.asp" contents as follows: PHP Code:   and the contents of my main for is as follows: PHP Code:       Page-A-User Web Page        Fill in This Form to Send a Page      PAGER RECIPIENT         EMAIL RECIPIENT         MOBILE RECIPIENT               FROM          MESSAGE          Send to Pager     Send to E-Mail     Send to Mobile     Check                     when i checked the checkbox for "send to e-mail", and then when i hit the send button, it will look for the "execute.asp", and sends the message to the email address of the recipient using the "mailer.asp", but when i choosed the "send to pager", i will get this error: CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. is there any alternative for the Server.Execute function someone told me that i have to use the COM objects, but i dont have any idea, do you have an example code for COM objects , If you are looking to run, a serverside transfer, you could look into the XMLHTTP request object Afrika , hi asp_funda! i've already visited the site that you've suggested, and am still playing with the sample codes, i tried the following using the xmlhttp, but i got this error: Error Type: Msxml3.dll (0x8000000A) The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available. /asp/project/test/execute.asp, line 22 below, the updated contents of 'execute.asp': PHP Code:   , i did read the Part 2, and am trying to send the data to 'webgate.exe', i can recieved the messge if i modified my code to something like this: PHP Code:   If Request.Form("C3") = "ON" Then    xml.Open "POST", "http://pagingsrv/webgate.exe"    xml.Send "USER=2589&FRM=john&MSG=test&SEND=SEND+PAGE"    Response.Write xml.responseText    Set xml = Nothing   End If  2589 - is the pager number of the recipient john - is the sender test - is the message is there anyway to append the value of 'USER', 'FRM' and 'MSG' so that i dont have to input it manually , we bought the s0ftware from notepage, webgate handle properly multiple recipient when i code a FORM pointing directly to 'webgate', and it does by collecting all the recipients in the listbox - first, i have to cut and paste the recipient from listbox (unpicked) to listbox (picked), and then when i hit the submit button, the 'webgate' will pull all the recipient in the picked list using the following script and sends the message. PHP Code:    function DoPopulateSubject () {    // when the SEND button is hit, this function will take all the recipients    // in the PICKED list and put them in the SUBJECT variable     var i ;        document.MYFORM.SUBJECT.value = ""     // multiple recipients are separated by comma     for (i = 0; i < (document.MYFORM.PICKED.options.length -1); i++) {      document.MYFORM.SUBJECT.value = document.MYFORM.SUBJECT.value + document.MYFORM.PICKED.options[i].value + "," ;     }     if (document.MYFORM.SUBJECT.value == "") {      document.MYFORM.SUBJECT.value = "UNDECLARED" ;     }    }    function DoCheckSender () {    // strip out spaces in FRM field     var i;     var sender = "";     for (i = 0; i < (document.MYFORM.FRM.value.length); i++) {      if (document.MYFORM.FRM.value.charAt(i) == " ") {       sender = sender + "_";      }      else {       sender = sender + document.MYFORM.FRM.value.charAt(i);      }     }     document.MYFORM.FRM.value = sender;    }  and here's the hidden subject inside the form: PHP Code:   i think the problem is caused by the 'FRM' field because i made it static (not editable) so that no one will abuse the form, and i made a log-in system that queries users in our active directory via LDAP, after users logged-in, their full-name will appear automatically in the 'FRM' field as static using this line: PHP Code:   and when you send immediately a message to multiple recipient, this error will appear: ERROR!!! Required Information missing: FROM field is empty i can no longer send also a message to single recipient if that error appears, even if the full-name of the sender are still in the 'FRM' field, the error will always appears. i can only send another successfull message to single recipient if i close the browser and re log-in again to the webform using my active directory credentials. and this is how my form POST look like: PHP Code:  
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Powerful MS HTTP request component - alternative to ServerXMLHTTP!

Having just "discovered" it myself, I thought I'd draw 's attention to the fact that the WinHTTP 5.x object (which is used behind the scenes by our good friend the ServerXMLHTTP object) can be used directly in scripts. This is useful because the ServerXMLHTTP object encapsulates XML-related functionality which is unnecessary for performing most simple HTTP requests, and thus by using the WinHTTP object directly you achieve higher performance, scalability, and reduced memory consumption... AND WinHTTP offers quite a few features that ServerXMLHTTP does not expose - including the ability to specify a proxy (and an exclusion list) from within the script (or to acquire them from Internet Explorer's settings), IPv6 support, and HTTPS/SSL support! For more information (including JScript examples which are easily converted to VBScript), consult the following reference material: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ttprequest.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ing_script.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...t_setproxy.asp I also recommend that you read up on the security considerations: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...iderations.asp May you code well and prosper!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 30th August 2012
View Replies!

Server.MapPath alternative?

hey there , This is my first post and would like to start by saying hello and thanks to for helping me with my work. I havent registered previously but was reading threads and managed to learn quite abit without asking too much. ..Ive come to a stick situation now and need some help please.. I have an asp file that gathers info from a form and sends to the database. im now changing the location of the database from the root path. I think that because of this i cannot use Server.MapPath method of sending data. Coudl someone please help me out and let me know how i would change the code Im quite new to this as you could probably see. file structure: htdocs-ASP file logs private-Database code: 'define the connection string, specify database 'driver and the location of database sConnString="PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("orders.mdb") 'create an ADO connection object Set connection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Open the connection to the database connection.Open(sConnString) 'execute the SQL connection.execute(sSQL) response.Redirect("formconfirm.html")
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

Slidemenu alternative!

Does anyone know about a open source solution similar to obout.slidemenu (http://www.obout.com)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

Microsoft.XMLHTTP alternative under sun one ASP?

If anyone can help with this I would be really greatful. I have some classic ASP code used to inegrate a site with PayPal. The code works fine under IIS but won't work under Sun one ASP (which is what my customers hosting uses) because the object it's trying to create doesn't exist. The part of the code that's failing is this: Code: set objHttp = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") objHttp.open "POST", "http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr", false objHttp.setRequestHeader "Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" objHttp.Send query Does anyone know if there is a direct replacement for Microsoft.XMLHTTP in Sun one ASP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

alternative piece of code that will work in IE4

Originally posted by : tom (tomausten@hotmail.com)Hi , I have a piece of code only a small piece that does a simple job! It's an image that is hyperlinked with the following: javascript:document.form4.submit() Basically it's this: The only problem is that it's for an intranet where most people have ie4 ( though is on ie not netscape). Is there another peice of code that will work in ie4 but is an image submit button not an
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

memcpy alternative for arm-elf-gcc

I'm currently doing a project that uses arm-elf-gcc to compile. I have used memcpy in code, and it does compile. However during run time, my program crashes when memcpy statements are reached. I googled, and they say that arm-elf can only run memcpy if the bytes copied are under 64 bytes and they are "aligned". Q1: Are there any alternatives to memcpy Other similiar statements or perhaps another way of copying bytes. Q2: What do they mean by "aligned" They did mention something like, int is word-aligned, and short is halfword-aligned. How can i check if the variable type is aligned or not Thank you. OS = Linux; Compiler = arm-elf-gcc;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!