admin area, deactivate/reactivate account?

folks =)

Hope all is well.

When making an admin area i have always just allowed 'delete the user', but is it possible to deactivate and reactivate a username and password.

I can picture it in my noggin. when viewing all the users there is the ability to check a box selecting deactive or reactivate depending on the state of the username at the time.

What do you think, is it more hassle than its worth to allow this

Any thoughts is much appreciated.
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:35:59 AM Total Views:  574
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Single password for admin functions

Just a quick question. I am writing admin functions for my sites. Is it safe to put the admin username and password within the asp file
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 29th August 2012
View Replies!

msde web data admin: cant login

I have iis, .net and MSDE installed on my machine, I have also installed "web data admin" but i cant log into it. The green blinking arrow for the server is in the bottom of my window so it appears that MSDE is ok I am entering the following info at the w.d.a login screen usrnm: sa pwd: mypassword server: production\netsdk however i get this message returned: Invalid username and/or password, or server does not exist. Also, please ensure that SQL Server Authentication is enabled on the server. I dont know What have i done wrong/ missed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 30th August 2012
View Replies!

ASP version of phpmyadmin

Does anyone have a resource for a MySQL database tool like phpMyAdmin It would need to be written in ASP. I have a local DB tool on my computer but I wanted to put something on my webspace to have acces to the DB from anywhere. , Check out this page: TableEditoR by 2eNetWorX , Yes. MyODBC would be installed on his own Windows machine. , like I said...you have to install MyODBC. It's really not difficult. Download and run the install program and then it's a standard setup of a DSN. , Originally Posted by asp_funda Yeah, quite a silly question but I was just making sure. There are plenty of people who have would still have posted this kinda question even though if they got a tool already from webhost. But that's pretty strange that your webhost doesn't have PHP on Windows. Most webhosts do give it on Windows as well. I looked up the MyODBC driver at www.mysql.com. Does it allow ODBC connections on Windows\t I was looking for this kinda thing for 2weeks now since I don't wanna use the CLI for mySQL on Windows. No worries. I've done some searches and can't come up with much. The link above work OK but I don't like the way it stores data for the connection etc.. It is strange that they don't offer PHP. But because it's not my strong suit I haven't worried about it much at all. Basically, I work off of several different machines. One of which doesn't have the capability to have a local DB solution. It got me to thinking that if I wanted to do some work on this machine ot while away at the in-laws this holiday or something that I'd like to have a web-server solution for DB editing.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 31st August 2012
View Replies!

Uploading Flash videos via admin

I'm a designer, not a programmer. But I often hire programmers to implement my layouts, make them dynamic, etc. I have a client who needs to show and sell videos on her website. I think it would be best for her to display the videos in Flash format, Flash being the most common player available. Is it possible to create an admin whereby my client can upload her videos as easily as she would upload a regular .jpg image, for example I had one programmer tell me that the only way to upload Flash videos via an admin is to upload the code, then separately upload the .swf files to the server via an ftp program. Is this really the only way I really need a simpler solution for my client. There is no way I can ask her to generate the code for numerous video .swf files. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Securing admin part of site - info in a cookie vs. in a session object

Hi . I have this question I have been thinking about. I have an admin part of the web site, where user has to input u/p in order to login to the admin session. Now, due to hosting company to client browser disconnectivity, the session object that holds the UserID after successful login is sometimes lost. Due to this, it may occur that I login successfully but 10 seconds later I am disconncted (as the session object is lost). I want to fix this problem by saving the UserID after successful login in a cookie rather than in the session object but am afraid of a security breach. What I am thinking is that if I save the UserID in a cookie, an hacker might fake the cookie or copy it to his computer thus he will be able to access the admin section. I mean to say, that it seems to me that it is much easier to copy the cookie from the client than creating the session object on the server. Am I correct in my worries What would you suggest to do if the answer to the first question is TRUE
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP SQL admin

I can connect to my schools webserver via VPN, and edit the webcontent. However, I cannot connect to the SQL server. Does anyone know of an ASP script I can use to admin the database remotely
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

admin login - Page 2

ooops yeah. im struggling to put the first part into the password check function. does anyone know where to place it heres the function Code: FUNCTION checkpassword( username, password, conn) sqlString = "SELECT User_ID, user_password, user_username FROM users " &_ "WHERE user_username='" & fixQuotes( username ) & "' AND user_password = '" & fixQuotes(password) & "'" Set RS = Conn.Execute( sqlString ) IF RS.EOF THEN checkpassword = "" ELSE checkpassword = rs("User_ID") session("username") = rs("user_username") END IF END FUNCTION
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with making admin area - Page 2

Hi change your query in the editNow.asp page to Code: SQL="SELECT * FROM info WHERE Klantnummer = '" & strGetUser & "'" if Klantnummer is a number field change it to Code: SQL="SELECT * FROM info WHERE Klantnummer = " & strGetUser
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

admin login

hi there, i require an admin login for my site to enable to view admin pages without end users being able to access them. does anyone have any help or guidance for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

i have a log in admin page but it can be hacked

i have a login page adminm but apparently its vunerable to sql injections i know this cause someone very kindly got in and added courses, how did they do this what could they have entered and more improtsntly how do i stop it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

set secuity system so only admin can see page

Ok so my problem is that i have an asp page that i need to make so that only the admin can see it when he logs onto a log in page and goes into the linked page and no other users that log on will be able to view the page. can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to do a e-commerce administrator page for adding/updating/deleting products?

I have to create an administrator page for adding/updating/deleting products into catalog using ASP and XHTML. I'm getting a bit blur here..How do I get to create such a page Can someone pls give a a guide how to go about it Thks a lot...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

msde web data admin: cant login

I have iis, .net and MSDE installed on my machine, I have also installed "web data admin" but i cant log into it. The green blinking arrow for the server is in the bottom of my window so it appears that MSDE is ok I am entering the following info at the w.d.a login screen usrnm: sa pwd: mypassword server: production\netsdk however i get this message returned: Invalid username and/or password, or server does not exist. Also, please ensure that SQL Server Authentication is enabled on the server. I dont know What have i done wrong/ missed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

creating a log file for the administration dashboard

Originally posted by : Marji (carreramj@yahoo.com)Would you happen to know how I can create a log file wherein all the moves of the administrators of a certain website are recorded I have to know if they added, deleted,updated every products and along with their modified specs and old specs/details.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

admin updateable display order column in DB?

I'm trying to develop a seemingly simple ASP/SQL admin tool will be used to change the order in which records are output in a list by another script. (It's a list of categories...) The best analogy for what I'm trying to do is the queue feature on netflix.com. In my case, I have a DB table that has columns for "category name", "category id" (auto-incremented), and "display order". The display order column is an integer value that tells the display script the order it should print the rows to the browser. I'm at the point where I have a script set up to list all of the records and populate a form field for each record with the "display order". I'm stuck there. I just can't figure out how I can update the records and not have duplicate "display order" values and not have holes iin the sequence. For example, if I have 10 records and the admin changes the 5th record to display as #8, I need the rest of the records to sort themselves out so I still have 1-10 in the "display order" column. Another complication is that we need to be able to change multiple records at once. arg. I've been searching like mad for a solution with no luck. Hopefully someone here can enlighten me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

chapter8 admintools update

i cannot get (chapter8) the update function in admintools.aspx to work. the delete funtion works. is there any link for an update i am using XPHome, WebMatrix and Accesss to do the project exercises from the Build Your Own ASP.NET Website using C# & VB.Net by Zak Ruvalcaba.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP version of phpmyadmin

Does anyone have a resource for a MySQL database tool like phpMyAdmin It would need to be written in ASP. I have a local DB tool on my computer but I wanted to put something on my webspace to have acces to the DB from anywhere. , Check out this page: TableEditoR by 2eNetWorX , Yes. MyODBC would be installed on his own Windows machine. , like I said...you have to install MyODBC. It's really not difficult. Download and run the install program and then it's a standard setup of a DSN. , Originally Posted by asp_funda Yeah, quite a silly question but I was just making sure. There are plenty of people who have would still have posted this kinda question even though if they got a tool already from webhost. But that's pretty strange that your webhost doesn't have PHP on Windows. Most webhosts do give it on Windows as well. I looked up the MyODBC driver at www.mysql.com. Does it allow ODBC connections on Windows\t I was looking for this kinda thing for 2weeks now since I don't wanna use the CLI for mySQL on Windows. No worries. I've done some searches and can't come up with much. The link above work OK but I don't like the way it stores data for the connection etc.. It is strange that they don't offer PHP. But because it's not my strong suit I haven't worried about it much at all. Basically, I work off of several different machines. One of which doesn't have the capability to have a local DB solution. It got me to thinking that if I wanted to do some work on this machine ot while away at the in-laws this holiday or something that I'd like to have a web-server solution for DB editing.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

set secuity system so only admin can see page

Ok so my problem is that i have an asp page that i need to make so that only the admin can see it when he logs onto a log in page and goes into the linked page and no other users that log on will be able to view the page. can anyone help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Remove ads from admin area

Does anyone know how I can remove ads from my header when I am in the admin area of my content mangament site I have searched high and low without luck. I am not sure if I am searching for the right topic or not either.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

AD User administration

I am writing a page to add a user to Active Directory, it will be a form that gets filled out and hopefully do what it is supposed to. The vb script works when run as a vbs file, but I am having problems with making this a server side script in asp. Here it is: Any ideas what I am doing wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!