Access problem onChange with recordset data

Hi Everyone,

First of all, great forum I don't know how many times it has aided in my coding. Thank you!

Here is my situation... I have a page that pulls 'member' registration information from a table similar to a bulk delete with checkboxes. This works fine, it pulls all of the member info. What I want to do is have the selected records added to a new table known as courses. Sort of a bulk registration system where I have a list of members, put in the start date, end date, course name and course number once and it populates for all of the members in the new table adding the member info with the course info.

The following code is what I have. I cannot think of any other way to do it other that having the dates input at the top and onChange populate all of the rows. Then when the bottom submit is done, it inserts the selected records into the table. My onchange script works for the start date and end date but not the session. The course does populate from the DB without any problems. I even placed a couple of confirmation boxes just below the input and still it does not get past the first two fields. I am not sure if I can figure out the rest of the insert process but I cannot even get that far to try to work it out. Would any of you have some suggestions Thank you so much in advance, my code is below:

Login
Name
SN/PRI
Start Date
End Date
Session

(  )

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:36:02 AM Total Views:  478
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

can we add colums in access tables from asp

hi guyz, i want to add columns dynamically from asp......say for eg. i have a drop down and from that if a user selects 10 as the value it creates 10 textboxes and then when saved it should generate that much columns in access table for saving............hope u guyz got what i am saying... i want to create fields dynamically in access database. bye
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

access datatypes

I have a field that stores a number. In access I made type number and fieldsize decimal. When I enter in a number (through asp) like 4.5 it automatically puts it in as a 4. What's the trick to keep the decimal part of the number I want to be able to keep the decimal but in my asp only show it if there is a decimal. 4.5 should show as 4.5 and 4 should show as 4 and not 4.0.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

howto access web controls in user control with javascript

hi can ny body tell me how to access a control in javascript inside a user control. currently i m using function mainTdClick(tabId,tabHref) { document.forms[0].elements['MiddleBar1_hdn'].value=tabId; document.forms[0].elements['MiddleBar1_hdn_href'].value=tabHref; document.forms[0].submit(); } middlebar is the name of user control ans hdn is name of hidden variable. i m using following code in code behind _mainTd.Attributes.Add("onClick", "mainTdClick(" & _mainTd.ID & ",'" & TabHref(x) & "')") here _maintd is a cell on which we need click event
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

SQL query not returning results in access for dates - Page 2

Oh one more question. will this affect the way the day is displayed on my select statements. I'ld like to keep those as DD/MM/YY when showing results.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

asp access problems

Hi all I have a website in asp (hosted on windows server) which seems accessible during 9am-9pm which isn't accessible after. Hosting say their servers are on all the time and say it could be a problem with the site. The thing is that html pages can be accessed but not asp pages. The site then works as normal in the morning just like magic. This happens about 2-3 times per week. Any ideas please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do I access a ASP/VB method from jScript/Ajax

I have a web site currently written using ASP and Visual Basic. I want to rewrite the browser interface to use jQuery/Html/CSS etc however I still want to use the server side VB code to access the database. The server side code resides in www.mywebsite.com\app_code\clsGetData.vb My question is this. Is it possible to use jQuery.ajax to execute a method in my VB object and return the result and if so what would the jScript code look like Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to retrive last record from access db, using classic ASP

hi, i have dev tape log system with different type of tape categories (dvd, cd, voice over,etc) my challenge is i want to auto generate tape ID number when ever i try to add new tape log. for example: the last Tape log ID for Voice over category is VO5533 Now, how do i tell the application that i want to retrieve the last Tape log ID for the Voice over category currently in my Add new Tape log page, i have to insert the Tape log ID manually, which is very hard as i need to search for the last record manually then enter the new record, is there anyway i can write a script to auto generate the tape ID based on the category selected and add + 1 to the tape log ID im kind of new to ASP i would appreciate any sample codes or tuts you can provide me with
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

checkbox in asp access

hi there I use winvista; dreamwcs3; asp; access. I have a field in the database, type "text". I use a checkbox within dreamweaver: "newsletter". If I check the box, "true" is shown in the database. Now I want on my "users" page, see a checked checkbox for every record "true". my resulst is always "all records checked/unchecked", whatever properties I give to the checkbox on the "show users " page...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Download files stored in access db

I've implemented Bryan Harvey's code at the bottom of the following page: http://www.asp101.com/articles/jacob/scriptupload.asp This works great. It uploads to a database table and the DataFile.asp gets the file from the database and displays it through this file. I now need to add the option for users to 'Download' or 'Save' the file on their computer without actually viewing the file. So there will be a 'View' link, which is the DataFile.asp already setup and another link for saving the file - which I presume will open the Save As dialog box with the correct file and extension ready to be downloaded. I have searched high and low and can't work out how to do this. Info thta may be useful: Database: sosbackend.mdb Table: Files Fields: FileID FileTitle FileDescription FileName FileSize ContentType BinaryData (the file - OLE Object) Date If you need anymore info then let me know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Memo fields in access 2000

Originally posted by : Tom Klapiscak (klapster22@hotmail.com) Im having so very weird problems with the memo field type in access2000..I use this method to write to my DB (After rs.movenext to get to the correct record):-rs.fields("message")=" blahblahblah"rs.updatewhen the message field is set to the 'text' type in access 2000 this method works fine for me, but the text field type is limited to 255 chars, and I need more space in the field than that..So I set the field type to 'memo' as this will give me 60000 chars or something, but it simply refuses to work when the field is set to this type..I don't get any errors or anything, it just simply will not write to the field and just leaves it blank--Does anyone else get this problem Does anyone know the SOLUTION
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Total Weekly Hours,Ms access

I am using a select sum(tot_daily) as total hours ...it calculates the time incorretly... Example: ID | Tot_hrs | Person ---------------------- 1 5.45 A 2 5.45 A 3 5.45 A The total hours should be 17 hours 15 mins...but the result comes as 16.35.... Is there a way to calculate it as 17.15 in db level in a select statement
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

weird like,ms access

Is smth wrong with this it outputs nothing...Even the data is there...I am using ms access...with asp Code: x = initcap(Request.QueryString("q")) if x "" Then Set GrabProjs = siteConn.Execute("SELECT Proj_Name & '-' & Proj_ID as Emp_Pr from Emp_Prj where Proj_Name like trim('*"&x&"*')") End if
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Mismatch Data type,ms access

I am getting mismatch datatype erroor..How will fix this Id is number, and route_knowledge is text... Select route_name from routes where ID in (select Route_knowledge from drivers where ID =10)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Switching a script using an access database (mdb) to mysql?

I am new to ASP, really havent dealt with it much, I do work with PHP regularly though. I have a script that is running off a *.mdb access database but the DB is getting too large and some of the site functions break while accessing the database. I'd like to switch it to a mySql database now to hopefully eliminate this problem. I already imported the data to mySql, I just need to successfully get the script to read it. Here is the old code from the db.asp file. the other pages link to this file. PHP Code: MM_db_STRING="DRIVER={MicrosoftAccessDriver(*.mdb)};DBQ="&Server.MapPath("\database\db.mdb") I tried just switching it to this, PHP Code: MM_db_STRING="DRIVER={MySQLODBC3.51Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=*******;UID=******;PASSWORD=******;OPTION=3" SetobjConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConn.Open(MM_db_STRING) Which does work to an extend, but for the most part I get a bunch of errors. Code: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.22-standard-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1 * FROM CalendarInfo WHERE dateofevent >= #6/27/2008# AND dateofevent < #7/1/20' at line 1 /inc_events.asp, line 30 This is the group of code around line 30 of that file. PHP Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How many people can access the same Access Database

I'm looking to make an online multiplayer game which will utilize Access Database... basically I require thousands of people writing and reading from the same database... I was wondering if this is possible for that... or is mdb file restricted to 1 person at a time... If it is limited what would you suggest as the best way to control an interactive online environment .txt files possibly thx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

access database with multiple select boxes - updated

I have found this tutorial, http://www.devx.com/getHelpOn/10MinuteSolution/20495 and can see that it is on track for what I want to accomplish, however, it uses one combo/list box and one text box. I have successfully changed the combo box to work for me, however, I can not figure out how to remove the text box and replace it with 2 additional combo/list boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! HTML Code: ' -- Declare Variables Dim strCounty, strDistribName, intPass ' our variables for the County, DistribName and PASS Dim intDisplaySQL ' Should we Display the SQL Statement ' -- Get values from the Form strCounty = Request("cboCounty") strDistribName = Request("txtDistribName") intPass = Request("PASS") intDisplaySQL = Request("chkSQL") ' -- Take Action based on how we came into this page Select Case Trim(intPass) Case Trim("1") ' -- Repeat Visit, display database data DisplayDatabaseData Case Else ' -- First Time Visit, display HTML Form DisplayHTMLForm End Select ' -- Make sure nothing else gets processed Response.End '---------------------------------------------------------------------- ' ASP post processing code goes here, as well as ' sub routines and functions '---------------------------------------------------------------------- '---------------------------------------------------------------------- ' Sub Routine: DisplayHTMLForm ' Displays an HTML Form '---------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub DisplayHTMLForm() ' -- Get the list of Countys from the database. Dim strCountysList ' String to hold the Countys list strCountysList = GetCountysListForComboBox () %> Filter Criteria: County: DistribName: place holder   SQL Statement Used:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Write access to MS-Access

Everybody, I am a newbie to web development, I am using ASP. I generate my codes using a generator. My problem is that I can not write into my Access database. I had gone to tools to allow access permission . still nothing. somebody help me out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How many page loads could serve access with ASP?

I run website which with mostly dynamic content generated from access database and asp pages. One page have on avg. 3 record sets and there is daily 5000 page loads and abut 1500 uni-ques. I'm quite familiar with access database and still have to learn MSSQL My q: when would access start chocking with traffic / concurrent requests/ how many page loads could safely serve access daily What traffic access could serve Bottom line: At what traffic of website - / asp pages driven / with 3 record-sets on each page should require move from access to MSSQL When is the time to move. Also if you have asp and access driven website with lots of traffic how many page loads does your site serve successfully
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

import data from excel to access

I have a excel file and would like to import all data to MS Access using ASP by first uploading the .xls file and then extract the data to Access at the background. Any idea how this can be done\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Inserting a checkbox value to a yes/no field in access...

Can someone tell me what I need to insert as my value for a yes/no field in access In access, the table shows a checkbox...but when I try to insert 'no' I get a type mismatch...is it a true false 1 or 0 Anyone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!